Are you an Indian Citizen and still looking for informations about Brazilian visa for Indian Citizens?! Well, I think you just hit the best spot with the most updated information about these topic.
In an short answer, YES, if you’re an Indian Citizen and would like to make a travel to Brazil, so you will need to fill up some forms, find out some documents and go ahead to an Embassy in order to get a fresh visa for your trip.
Do I need a visa to Brazil!?
Brazil adopts a policy of reciprocity regarding visas. This means that nationals of countries that require visas for Brazilian citizens will need a visa to travel to Brazil, and those rule is valid for Indian Citizens.
According to the Brazilian law, Brazil must agree, on a reciprocal basis, to offer visa waiver to nationals of another country, except for the hypotheses established in the Decree 9.731 / 2019. Brazil has signed visa exemption agreements with about 90 countries.
Brazil visa for Indians
The consular section in New Delhi is receiving applications for all types of visa: tourism or even work visas are also issued regullary. Consular services are available by appointment on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
There are the tourism and business visa type (named VIVIS), these one is the most recommended kind of visa required in order to make a trip to Brazil if you’re an Indian Citizen. Visa applications are being processed at the earliest possible time.
Brazil’s visa for Indian nationality
In order to apply for a visa you must follow some steps:
STEP 1. First things first: Know your visa category
You are required to know the category of the visa you are applying for and these includes the original purpose of your travel.You can go ahead and find these info at these link: visa category list. Applications will be rejected if do not match “visa category” and “purpose of trip”.
STEP 2. You must prepare all documents required according to the category of your visa.
Before go ahead with the submission of a brand new application, first you are required to go through the official documents list and gather all the documents required according to the selected visa category.
You are required to submit these documents along with a copy of your visa request form receipt (RER).
Applying to a Brazilian visa for Indian Citizens
STEP 3. Time to fill in the online application form.
Here you can find the official link for the online application form.. At the end of your online application you will be able to print the Visa Request Form Receipt (RER).
The visa section at the Embassy of Brazil in New Delhi will only accept applications for which the following documents have already been uploaded onto the visa application form. The basic documents that need to be uploaded are:
- Demand Draft valid for 3 months
- Covering letter detailing the purpose of travel and tentative outcome of the trip.
- Notorized invitation letter if applicable- Mandatory for Business Visa.
- Passport (bio-data page and the page containing parents name and address).
- Confirmed flight tickets. To search cheap flights to Brazil you can learn and use Google Flights (or Google Voos in Portuguese)
- Bank statement stamped by the Bank Manager of up to at least 3 months.
- Any other document as deemed necessary by the applicant.
Hard copies of all the uploaded documents need to be presented for assessment. Visa applications that do not comply with the above will be rejected at the counter itself or denied.
How much is the visa fee Brazilian visa for Indian Citizens
STEP 4. Pay your visa fee according to the selected visa category.
Visit the fee table and match it with your visa category.
All fees must be paid in the form of a non-refundable Bank Demand Draft, equivalent to the correct and entire visa fee, drawn in favour of : “Embassy of Brazil – Consular”, payable in New Delhi. Note: One draft per application. Multiple drafts per application will not be accepted. Multiple applications under one draft will not be accepted.
STEP 5. Submit your request at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Brazil.
In order to submit a request, you will need to present the following:
- Passport with at least two blank pages and valid for at least 6 months (counted from the probable date of entry in Brazil)
- Visa Request Form Receipt (RER)
- Original documents required according to your visa application
- Demand draft (step 4)
Special Notices for Covid-19 Pandemic
- applications received on Mondays shall be processed by the following Wednesday or Friday at the latest;
- applications received on Wednesdays shall be processed by Friday or Monday at the latest;
- applications received on Fridays shall be processed by the next Monday or Wednesday at the latest.